Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I love a good dinner party!

My super-healthy eating habits this year have been entirely incompatible with hosting elaborate and decadent dinner parties.  As much as I stress over the planning and work to be done, I absolutely love having people over for dinner.  After living in a small apartment for much of my adult life, I was overjoyed to move into Mark's house and be able to entertain with some regularity.

We've made plans to have a couple over next weekend, and I'm already getting excited about the meal and details.

To draw some inspiration, I'd like to share some photos of my first major dinner party.  We had an engagement party for about 15 people at our house last summer.  I spent several days in the kitchen, but it was well worth it!  Take a look!

Our dining room area was converted into an hors d'oeuvres and dessert area.

The dessert spread.

Simple raspberry brownie bites - thanks to Pinterest for this idea!

Strawberry mousse from scratch with graham crackers sprinkled in the bottom.  The crackers were just soft enough to taste marvelous!

Cookies, truffles, and cheesecake bites!

Red velvet cupcakes - one of the few items that I bought pre-made.


First cold-pressed EVOO, homemade spinach artichoke dip, and homemade salsa.

PB & Jelly & Fluff Sandwiches, focaccia for dipping, and Italian pasta salad.

Cheese spread with bagel crisps, pita chips, nuts, cranberries, olives, and fresh figs!

Caprese skewers.  So easy and chic!

Classic veggies & dips, shrimp & cocktail.

Lots of freshly cooked meats and sides!

The happy couple. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment